Monday 4 August 2014

It's August...

Time flies right? I know I'm not alone in saying holy Christ how did we get to August? But I for one am incredibly glad it's finally here. 

July was a bit of a roller-coaster of a month for me- lifewise it's been great (I finally graduated!), but healthwise, not so much. While the first half of July was one of those wow! Even I can hardly tell I'm ill stages, the second half of July had me mostly in bed catching up with some old friends (the cast of gossip girl) and eating way too much cookie dough for my own good. So while it may have had some pretty momentous ups, I'm glad to see the back of July, not least because it means it's finally August!

Why am I so excited it's August? Because I've been anticipating it's arrival for such a long time- since I booked my flights out to America way back in the early Spring in fact and even more so since the 21st May. On the 21st May my boyfriend flew out to Boston to spend the summer living it up in the American sun (oh, and working to complete his masters of course), and on the 28th August, after fourteen weeks apart I'll finally be flying out to join him. And now that August is here, well I'm beyond excited. It'll be my first time in America, and while I'll have to do the cross-Atlantic flight alone, when I arrive I'll have very own personal tour-guide- since he arrived I've had my boyfriend sourcing out the best pancakes in town. Because with only three weeks there, a girls gotta sample the very best! 
It's gonna be pretty tough on my body, I know that. I know the repercussions are probably gonna be huge come September 19th when I touch back down on British soil (boyfriend in tow this time). But yes, as the popular saying goes- you only live once. And while I may not have been blessed with the healthiest body, I'm not gonna let that stop me living my life, seeing the things I wanna see and sharing these amazing experiences with the person I love most in the world. Even if it does mean a month in bed afterwards.

Eeeeeeee!

Until then? Well tomorrow I'm actually heading to the Costa del Sol for a last minute holiday with the family for a week of sun, sea, sand and simple relaxation. Last year my body shocked me by coping remarkably badly with the heat, but so far I've been coping pretty well in the glorious British sunshine we've been having of late. So I've got my fingers crossed that this year will be an improvement on last! And if not... well I've got an air-conditioned room.

All packed and ready to go

Right now I'm off to do a little pre-holiday pampering with my lovely new Barry M nail polishes. Catch you in a weeks time!

Alice
x

2 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds like you have a very exciting month ahead! Good luck on your big trip to the states, I hope your body is kind to you!

    Lennae xxx
    www.lennae87.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I've got my fingers crossed I make it back in one piece :)
      Alice x

      Delete